COURT CLERICAL DEPARTMENT
The Wood County Juvenile Court Clerical Department is staffed with six full-time deputy clerks under the supervision of the Director of Clerical Services.
In 2015 there were 2,440 cases filed with the Court and 2,558 cases disposed of. The total amount of fees and fines collected in 2015 were $103,882.29.
The myriad of assignments handled by the Clerical Department include:
- Serving as bailiff for the Judge and Magistrate
- Scheduling the Court Docket
- Proscessing Judgment Entries and Magistrate's Decisions and Orders
- Processing all legal filings, motions, and pleadings
- Handling fines and Court costs
- Setting up/processing all new complaints
- Maintaining all Court files and prior Court histories
- Data entry into computer system
- Handling juvenile traffic citations
- Serving as a liasion between outside agencies, attorneys, and the Court
- Processing Court Appointed Fee schedules
- Setting up Temporary Custody Motions
In addition to the assignments listed above, numerous other miscellaneous duties are handled by the Court's Clerical Staff.