Veterans Assistance Center Services
Persons in the Armed Forces of the United States, verterans, spouses, children, parents, and dependents of veterans receive advice and direct assistance in preparing and presenting claims or obtaining rights or benefits under any law of the United States or of Ohio. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
· Vocational Rehabilitation
· Outpatient Medical Care
· VA Home Loans
· Aid and Attendance
· Agent Orange or Nuclear Radiation Exposure
· Correction of Military Records
· Military Honors Detail - Burials
· Review of Discharge
· Burial Allowances
· Education and Training
· Nursing Home & Assisted Living
· Alcohol and Drug Dependence Treatment
· Appeal of Adverse VA Decisions
· Other Benefits
· Provide Veteran Identification cards to Wood County veterans. This plastic card contains the veteran's photo, address, branch of service, dates of duty, and character of discharge.
· Transportation of veterans to VA Medical Centers when no other means of transportation is available.
· Maintain computer registry of all Wood County veterans.
· Nursing Homes and Assisted Living: coordination of services with area nursing homes / assisted living facilities upon admission of veteran/spouse to insure that additional benefits such as Aid and Attendance are obtained.
· Employment Assistance: Our office serves as the referral agency for job openings and services available under community employment programs.
· Funeral Homes: Coordination of services with area funeral homes to ensure veterans receive military funeral honors and all burial benefits.
· Wheelchairs, scooters, available for loan to disabled veterans.
· Newsletter published to provide Wood County veterans and their dependents with information on veterans’ rights, benefits and issues.
· Grave markers and flags are provided to properly designate, for memorial purposes, the grave of each veteran who honorably service in the military of the United States.
· Memorial Day funds for veteran organizations chartered by Congress and eligible civic organizations. These funds are used to defray the expenses of Memorial Day observance.