Ohio Flag

An official government website.


1 Courthouse Sq.; Bowling Green, OH 43402

E-mail: BOE@woodcountyohio.gov

PH: 419-354-9120

FAX: 419-354-1730


Voter Eligibility

Registration Deadlines

General Information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Board of Elections Resources


Qualifications to register / vote includes:

  • You are a citizen of the United States.

  • You are at least 18 years old on or before the day of the election.

  • If you will be 18 on or before the day of the general election, you may vote in the primary election to nominate candidates only, but not on issues.

  • You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election.

  • You register to vote at least 30 days before the election.

Online Registration

If you are changing your address or registering in Ohio for the fist time, you can use the On-Line Change My Address or Register On-Line link through the Ohio Secretary of State.

Click the link below.


Voter Registration Form

Download the registration card from the link above, fill in the information, print it, sign it and mail to the address above.

We must have an original signature on file for each voter. We cannot accept faxed or e-mailed registrations.


Voter Registration Deadlines

Election Deadline

November 05, 2024
General Election

October 07, 2024

OnLine Voter Reg

Reg Calend



Change of Address

If you have moved you must register that change with the Board of Elections.

Case One: Moving within Wood County. If you are already living in and registered in Wood County and you move to another location in Wood County, you must submit a written notification to the Board of Elections. This can be accomplished by providing our office with the name(s) of the voter(s) that have moved, the signature of each voter, the address where they are currently registered, their new residential address, date of birth and either the voter's Driver's License Number or the last four digits of the voter's Social Security Number. There is no official form required as long as all this information is provided, but you may use the Voter Registration Form if you choose to. This cannot be done over the phone.

Case Two: Moving into Wood County. You must register to vote in Wood County if you move into Wood County from either another county in Ohio or from another state. This must be done with a Voter Registration Form.

Case Three: Moving out of Wood County. If moving within the State of Ohio you must register to vote in your new county by completing a Voter Registration Form. If moving to another state, you must register to vote in accordance with your new state's laws.

Does everyone have to be registered in order to vote?
Yes, except for members of the Armed Forces serving on active duty. Their spouses and dependents are also exempt if they left Ohio to be near the service member.
How do I change my registered political party?
In the State of Ohio, the only way to change your political party is by voting in a Primary Election. Anyone that is a member of one party can change to another party by voting in the new party's next Primary Election. No advanced paperwork is required to change your party affiliation.
How is my residence determined?
By law your residence is the place to which, whenever you are absent, you have the intent to return. Leaving for temporary purposes, such as military service or school attendance, does not result in a change of residence for voting purposes, unless you register in the area where you are currently residing.
Can a student vote from his/her school address?
Yes, a student may vote using his or her Ohio school residence address. However, the student may not also vote an absentee ballot where he or she last lived (e.g. with one or more parent or guardian). When a college student votes from his or her school address, the school residence is considered to be the place to which the student's habitation is fixed and to which, whenever the student is absent, the student intends to return, and is considered by the student to be his or her permanent residence at the time of voting.
How long will it take to vote?
In most cases voting only takes a few minutes but this depends on the election, your precinct and the time you vote. Things to consider: Elections in even numbered years will be busier as these involve state and federal offices. General elections in November are busier than Primary or Special Elections. Expect to always allow extra time during a Presidential Election. Avoiding voting rush hours will always assure a quicker trip to the polls. As a rule polls are busiest from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
I just moved across the street, do I still have to change my address?
Yes. It does not matter if you move across the street, across town or across the county, you must register any change in your place of residence. This is true even if you only change apartment or lot numbers.
My town only accepts post office boxes, is that sufficient?
No. A post office box can be included as part of your address, but your voting location is determined by your street address and thus must be included in any address change. By providing our office with both a street and post office box you can be assured of our accuracy in processing your registration.



If you live in a county in Ohio, other than Wood County, go to:

Ohio County Board of Elections Directory

to find contact information for your local Board of Elections.

If you live or are moving outside the State of Ohio, you should contact your state's Secretary of State for voter registration information. Click below for Secretary of State Association information.