Filing Requirements

Divorce, Dissolution or Legal Separation

A complaint for Divorce or Legal Separation or a Petition for Dissolution shall be filed together with Schedules A and B. If there are minor children of the marriage, the UCCJEA shall also be filed.

In a Dissolution you will need to file a Waiver of Service of Summons and, if appropriate, a Waiver of Individual Counsel.

Post Decree Motions

A motion to modify or vacate a prior order shall be filed with at least 2 copies of the pleading with the clerk, along with the filing fee. Be sure to follow the Local Rule regarding the contents of the motion and any necessary schedules that may need to be attached.

The Clerk cannot accept letters from the parties; these are considered to be ex-parte communications. If you are requesting relief from the Court, the correspondence shall be in the form of a motion and shall include a filing fee.

Civil Protection Orders

A petition for a Domestic Violence or Stalking Civil Protection Order may be filed with the Clerk of Courts. The court will hold an emergency ex-parte hearing, if requested, on the same day if the petition is filed before 4:00 p.m. The petitioner may want to contact a victim advocate at Behavioral Connections to discuss this matter prior to filing the petition.

The forms and more information can be located at Go to Specialized Dockets, Protection Order.