COURT CLERICAL DEPARTMENT
The Wood County Juvenile Court Clerical Department is staffed with six full-time deputy clerks under the supervision of the Clerical Director.
In 2021 there were 2,311 cases filed with the Court and 2,181 cases disposed of.
The myriad of assignments, along with many other miscellaneous duties, handled by the Clerical Department include:
- Serving as bailiff for the Judge and Magistrate
- Scheduling and managing the court's docket
- Processing Judgment Entries and Magistrate's Decisions and Orders
- Processing all legal filings, motions, and pleadings in paper or via the court's eFiling system
- Handling fines and court costs
- Setting up/processing all new complaints and summons
- Maintaining all court files and prior court histories
- Data entry into court's management system
- Handling juvenile traffic citations
- Serving as a liasion between outside agencies, attorneys, and the court
- Processing Court Appointed Fee schedules
- Preparing weekly, monthly and reports